Earlier this week on MoChat, we discussed round-tripping between various apps. The most common transitions seem to be PS/AI>AE, C4D>AE, AE>NLE. Some of the highlights of the chat:
- Dynamic Link between AE & Premiere Pro can work well if you know the limitations.
- Info on interchange between After Effects and other Adobe apps.
- AE CS6 has the functionality of Automatic Duck from their acquisition last year.
- People tend to prefer importing AI & PSD at layer size, but importing at doc size can have its benefits.
- ⌘/⌃E for editing documents in their original apps from AE.
- Make sure to have the most recent plugins from Maxon for moving between AE& C4D.
- PNG works great as an image sequence out of C4D, but can be slow to render out of AE.
- OpenEXR, RPF, and RLA are other options to look into when rendering out of C4D.
- If using the new Camera Morth tag in C4D r14, you will want to use AEC files instead of importing the C4D file directly into AE.