Last night on #MoChat we were fortunate enough to have Mary Poplin, Ross Shain, and Martin Brennand from Imagineer Systems with us to talk about motion tracking, and mocha in particular. If you’re not familiar with it, mocha is a planar tracking system which tracks 2D planes instead of small points. At the end of the chat, Andres Arosemena won a seat of Mocha Pro for correctly answering the trivia question “What was the first Imagineer product to introduce Planar Tracking?” (mokey).
Some highlights from the chat
- mocha AE 3.1 and mocha Pro can solve a 3D camera.
- Mocha can be used to help with rotoscoping.
- The Imagineer crew had good things to say about the 3D camera tracker built-in to AE.
- Face Replacement tutorial.
- You can upgrade from the bundled mocha to mocha AE 3.1 or mocha Pro at a discount.
- The MochaImport+ (US$40) script will help with getting data rom mocha to After Effects.
- A couple examples of work using mocha.
- Places to get help with mocha.
See the transcript below for all the details.